18 July 2014

D&K Decoupage

Decoupage Project

D and I love a little joint craft project, so on one of our days off this week we headed off to HobbyCraft to get some quick craft inspiration. We saw all kinds of cool stuff to try, but decided on a little decoupage to keep us busy. The only trouble was... the stuff at HobbyCraft is just soooooo expensive. So we headed over to The Range. The Range don't have everything that HobbyCraft carries, but the craft section is still pretty impressive and way cheaper. We picked up some decoupage paper (£2.99) and a couple of cardboard letters to work with (£1 each). We also decided to cover a small wooden box we picked up from Wilkinson's a few months back (only a couple of quid). 

Here's what we used for the project - cardboard letters, small wooden heart shaped box, two old soft paint brushes, decoupage paper and some PVA glue.
We decided on a cute music themed paper for our pieces, but there were a large variety of designs available at both stores. 
Step 1 - We cut our paper up into small random shapes ready for gluing. 
Step 2 - Next, I painted a thin layer of glue onto the area where I decided to stick my first pieces of paper. Once in place, I painted another thin layer of PVA over the top to ensure each piece was secure.
Step 3 - I repeated this process until one side of my letter was fully covered. I then left this side to dry for around 15mins, flipped it over and then covered both the other side and outer edges. 
Here are both mine and D's letters fully covered and dry. The entire process took around 45 minutes (this includes drying time).
Next, we moved onto the small wooden box and used the exact same technique to cover it. 
I love our little joint craft projects. It gives us time to chat, listen to music together and we really enjoy each others company. I just wish we had a little more free time to work on these silly projects together more often. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment