15 July 2014

Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On

My Favourite Ad

Now this is a slight departure from my regular craft/how-to posts, but I just had to share this with you. Those of you who live in the UK (and watch TV) may have already seen this ad. But, if you've not seen it... watch it!!!

I don't usually pay attention to ads. In fact I don't even have a TV (I watch almost everything on catch up sites). But for some reason this ad resonated with me. I love it. It's just so beautiful. Don't worry, I'm not affiliated with Ikea or trying to sell you a bed. I've just found something beautiful and wanted to share it with my readers(?).

Check it out here -

Here is the Shakespeare quote that accompanies the ad - 

Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On 
Our revels now are ended. These our actors, 
As I foretold you, were all sprits, and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, 
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with sleep. 
(The Tempest, Prospero, Act 4, Scene 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment