3 August 2014

Little Wooden Box

Painted Heart Shaped Box

This is a quick craft project I completed this week. You may recognise this little wooden box from the last post. Yep, you guessed it... it's from Wilkinsons. I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I decided to to use my little tester pots (again, you'll recognise these from the previous noticeboard post).

With a ruler and pencil I sketched out a basic triangular pattern on the top of the box. I then used a tiny paintbrush and applied alternating colours to create a pattern. 

I completed the pattern all over and painted both the inside and out with each of the three colours and a black acrylic. 
This was a really quick and easy project and I love how it turned out. I have in insatiable need to paint things... and love how the vibrant paints brighten up our flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment