7 July 2014

My Little Pink Chest

Debenham's Pink Chest 

Many moons ago I worked from home and created my own little office work space. For a long time I fit myself into the space, rather than working the office around me... Big Mistake. Back in my PC days my computer set up wasn't ergonomically sound and whilst typing my head was always looking down at the screen. This eventually lead to trapped/compressed nerves in my neck, RSI and months of physiotherapy (and some very painful traction). All caused by bad screen positioning. 

Since then I have been using all kinds of boxes to prop up my screen to achieve the perfect eye-level height. Shoe boxes, decorative boxes even stacked reams of paper. They all worked, but whatever I tried I wasn't ever happy with the look. Until I found this amazing pink metal chest. 

I found the chest at my local Debenham's on sale for just £20. There were other sizes and colours available, but this was my absolute favourite. It's now filled with all kinds of knick knacks and the bright pink colour always makes me smile. Using unique items for functional purposes can added elements of design to spaces that we often overlook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment