11 April 2014

The Gold Chair

The Gold Chair

I've developed a new problem... with spray paint. 
I LOVE it! It's amazing. I can't stop myself. Picture frames, jam jar lids, furniture... you name it, I'll spray it. My favourite spray paint project to date is THE GOLD CHAIR.


This chairs life started out as a boring wood and beige plastic chair (I borrowed it from a restaurant I once worked in - I'm gonna take it back one day... I promise). I use the chair as an office chair, as it's light, comfy and the perfect height for my desk. But the beige just didn't cut it. So out came the spray paint, and what a transformation. 

I used one large gold metallic spray paint can from Wilkinson's - it cost around £5 (I think). As I don't have a garden, I sprayed at my folks house (they weren't too impressed with golden grass - whoops). It only took about 15 minutes to cover the entire chair evenly (there were a few drips I needed to wipe off and re-spray, so beware of spraying too close to the chair), and another 10/15 minutes to dry. All in all this was a super simple project that transformed a boring chair into an amazing golden throne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment